As an entrepreneurial law firm, we are particularly well-equipped to understand the issues faced by start-up and fast-growing companies in the tech, software, medical technology and biotech space. We represent start-up companies, venture capital funds, angel and strategic investors and their financial advisers in venture capital investments. Our venture capital fund clients benefit from our expertise in forming private funds and advising them in connection with the offering and subscription of investments in their funds, as well as ongoing compliance with securities and tax laws, including avoiding effectively connected income (ECI) for foreign investors and FATCA.
Our venture capital expertise includes the following:
- Drafting documentation and structuring convertible note and preferred stock offerings,
- Drafting information memoranda and advice on securities law compliance in connection with private placements,
- Public and private offerings of microcap and small cap issuers through online trading platforms and OTCBB,
- Equity incentive plans for employees and consultants,
- Start-up support, including company formation and tax advice, and
- Protection of intellectual property, including non-disclosure and inventions agreements.