In our real estate practice, we advise companies and high net worth individuals in the acquisition, leasing, and disposition of real estate in the United States. Our real estate team is experienced in advising our foreign clients about the optimal structuring of their U.S. real estate holdings with the goal of minimizing tax and liability exposure in the United States.
We support our corporate clients in negotiating and drafting commercial lease agreements, in the acquisition of real estate for manufacturing and office purposes, and in financing transactions involving their real estate holdings in the United States. Our real estate team also conducts due diligence of real estate and, in cooperation with our environmental law counsel, environmental matters in corporate and finance transactions.
Our real estate practice includes:
- Drafting and negotiating deeds for commercial and valuable residential real estate,
- Drafting and negotiating commercial lease agreements,
- Drafting and negotiating mortgages and other security arrangements involving real estate interests,
- Developing and implementing tax-efficient real estate holding structures, and
- Advising on FIRPTA compliance for foreign owners of U.S. real estate interests.