We assist foreign clients in a broad variety of industries in accessing the U.S. markets for goods and services and, through our network of correspondent firms, support our clients in their international business activities worldwide, with a special focus on Europe.
The international experience and fluent foreign language capabilities of our attorneys, combined with the multi-cultural background of many of our professionals, helps us understand the differences between the business culture and regulatory environment in the United States and foreign countries, particularly in Europe. Our broad experience in this area enables us to build a bridge between business partners in the United States and abroad.
Our foreign clients benefit from our in-depth and longstanding experience in representing foreign businesses in the United States. Our areas of expertise include the following:
- Incorporation and maintenance of U.S. subsidiaries,
- Structuring, negotiating, and drafting agreements with their U.S. business partners, including joint ventures, strategic partnerships, licensing, distribution, agency and supply, and other commercial agreements,
- Regulatory and legal compliance of U.S. business activities of foreign companies,
- Developing and implementing risk management strategies, including product liability risks,
- Compliance with state and federal registration and notification requirements,
- State and federal tax consequences of U.S. business activities and investments on foreign companies and investors,
- Creating tax-efficient structures in compliance with federal and state tax laws and the income tax treaties between the United States and foreign countries,
- Cross-border litigation and arbitration, and
- Immigration of foreign executives, employees, and investors.
Through our established network of trusted law firms around the globe, we are able to support our clients in their international activities and the resolution of disputes on five continents, with a special focus on Europe. Within Europe, we have particularly strong ties to law firms in Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Italy, France, and the United Kingdom.