In our intellectual property practice, we advise foreign and domestic clients on the protection of their intellectual property, including trademarks, copyrights, patents, know-how, trade secrets, and trade dress in the United States and abroad.
Our clients include start-ups and Fortune 500 companies with valuable brands and cutting-edge technology. We make an effort to acquire a thorough understanding of the important role intellectual property plays in accomplishing our clients’ objectives. In close cooperation with our clients, we design and implement intellectual property protection strategies that strive to maximize the effective protection of their intellectual property assets in key jurisdictions.
In our trademark prosecution practice, we have developed particular expertise in prosecuting extensions of the protection of international trademark registrations under the Madrid Protocol in the United States. For patent prosecutions, we work with patent attorneys specializing in various technologies.
Our intellectual property litigators represent parties in high-stakes intellectual property disputes concerning trademark, copyright, advertising, licensing, trade secret, and patent matters. We employ a business-focused approach to crafting litigation strategies, measured by each client’s definition of desired result and success. Because we regularly represent plaintiffs and defendants in intellectual property disputes, we have exhaustive experience in remedies and damages that complements our extensive knowledge of the legal issues affecting I.P. rights.
We also counsel our clients on the preservation of trade secrets. In cooperation with outside patent counsel, we assist our clients with the filing and prosecution of patent applications. In addition, we represent our clients in domain name dispute resolution.
As part of our intellectual property practice, we support our clients in:
- Creating, screening, and selecting strong trademarks,
- Filing and prosecuting applications for registration of trademarks and copyrights in the United States,
- Leveraging our network of correspondents in other countries,
- Maintaining and renewing of trademark and copyright registrations,
- Enforcing and defending intellectual property rights,
- Litigating intellectual property disputes in litigation and arbitration,
- Negotiating and drafting license agreements for all types of intellectual property, and
- Intellectual property due diligence in financial and business transactions such as loan agreements, joint ventures, mergers, and acquisitions.