We advise our foreign and domestic clients on all aspects of labor, employment, and employee benefits matters and, if necessary, litigate employment-related disputes. Our experienced labor and employment attorneys are highly qualified to guide our clients through complex federal and state laws that affect the relationship between employees and employers. Our understanding of foreign cultures enables us to counsel our foreign clients effectively in overcoming the sometimes drastic differences between managing employment relationships in the United States and other countries.
If problems such as allegations of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation arise in an employment relationship, our employment lawyers are available to investigate these issues and advise clients on potential risks and remediation. If necessary, we will defend our clients’ interests in administrative proceedings by litigating on our clients’ behalf and/or appearing before the EEOC.
Our labor and employment attorneys support our corporate clients in labor and employment due diligence in mergers and acquisitions. The practice also supports our asset management and fund clients in their compliance with ERISA.
Our labor and employment services include:
- Drafting employee handbooks and employment-related policies and procedures,
- Drafting and negotiating executive employment agreements,
- Drafting non-compete, non-solicitation inventions and confidentiality agreements,
- Drafting of bonuses, stock options, and other incentive plans,
- Assistance with employment termination, lay-offs, workforce reduction (including WARN Act compliance),
- Training of management, directors, and employees,
- Anti-harassment and sensitivity training,
- Wage and hour audits, and
- Employment-related litigation.