We advise foreign and domestic financial institutions, M & A advisers and finders, as well as issuers and investors on compliance with the U.S. regulation of broker-dealers rules, including the registration of broker-dealers with the SEC, FINRA membership and compliance with safe-harbors for exemptions from SEC registration, including Rules 3a4-1 and 15a-6, and SEC no-action letters.
Our services include:
- Advising on all aspects of broker-dealer registration, including preparation and filing Form BD with the SEC, Form NMA with FINRA, and drafting supporting documentation for SEC registration and FINRA and SIPC membership,
- Advising in connection with the registration of Associated Persons, including preparation and filing of Form U-4 with FINRA,
- Advising on state registration requirements and support in preparing and filing state registrations,
- Drafting of formation documents and agreements with broker-dealer employees and service providers,
- Drafting of compliance documentation and advising in connection with ongoing compliance requirements,
- Support in connection with ongoing compliance requirements and amendments to federal and state FINRA and SIPC filings, and
- Advising on safe harbors from broker-dealer registration for:
- Foreign brokers (Rule 15a-6),
- Associated persons (Rule 3a4-1),
- M & A advisers and business brokers under SEC no-action letters.